Murco Gas Sensor – MGS Range
The Murco Gas Sensor (MGS) is a state-of-the-art fixed gas detector which can detect a wide range of different gases. The gas sensors, including the ammonia sensor, can be used on a stand-alone basis or integrated into Controls or Building Management Systems (BMS).
It is a high-specification product available at a competitive price and it offers customers absolute confidence that both safety and compliance requirements are met or exceeded.
MGS gas sensors can be used for:
- new buildings/areas that require continuous monitoring with high tech gas sensor transmitters.
- customers who want to add gas detection solutions to an existing system.
Typical detection applications include:
- detection of refrigerant gases with our ammonia sensor but also: Carbon Dioxide, Hydrocarbons, Halocarbons – HFCs, HCFCs, CFCs.
- detection of combustible gases such as: Methane, LPG, Propane, Butane, and Hydrogen
- detection of toxic gases such as: Carbon Dioxide and Ammonia in refrigeration, Hydrogen Sulphide in sewage treatment and Carbon Monoxide in underground car parks
- detection of volatile Organic Compounds such as: Acetone, Benzene, Carbon Tetrachloride, Chloroform, Ethanol, Toluene, Trichloroethylene.
Murco also supply Control Panels if you wish to have a stand-alone gas detection system. Models are available with 2, 4, 6… and up to 16 channels.
- Legislation: F Gas Regulation, EH40
- Standards: EN378, ASHRAE 15, ASHRAE 147
- Regulatory Approvals: UL, CE, CSA, IEC and EN
Ideal for: commercial/industrial refrigeration, chiller & plant rooms, supermarkets, underground car parks, boiler & machinery rooms, food ripening/storage processing, hospitals, schools, chemical storage rooms, greenhouses, water/waste treatment.
The MGS-250 family is a cost effective solution for detecting a variety of refrigerants without the limitations posed by solid-state sensor technologies. The long-life, proprietary NDIR infrared sensor allows for accurate low-level leak detection (0-3,500 ppm), delivering up to 5-7 years of maintenance-free operation without the need for costly annual gas calibrations. Infrared sensing technology makes the MGS-250 immune to cross sensitivities to combustible and toxic gas as well as changes in temperature and humidity. Unlike other monitors, its simple-to-use interface gives the user the ability to set all parameters and outputs without opening the unit, moving jumpers, using mulitmeters or adjusting potentiometers.
The unit has an alpha-numeric LED display to show constant real-time readings, an on-board LED indicator for when the sensor is in an alarm state, and an audible alarm to alert personnel in the area that levels have exceeded the desired limit. An optional protective splash-guard is available for use in areas with high water spray such as food and beverage facilities or chiller rooms.
The MGS Modbus – a brand new addition to this product range. An RS485 RTU Modbus interface offers easy integration and increased connectivity with BMS systems. It detects C02, selected hydrocarbons and refrigerant gases using infrared and semi-conductor sensors. This gives customers greater versatility for software control of alarm delay and set points.
MGS_Product Literature (including list of gases)
MGS-250 Product Literature (including list of gases)